First. History is a beautiful thing. Ok, so that seems a little random, and it is I admit, but isn't history just wonderful? The more I learn about the past the more it seems to open new doors and idea's for me. Seriously... if people took history much more seriously the world would be such a better place. Ok, now for the serious stuff.
Looking in the past at the people who have made the biggest difference in the world it seems to me like there's a key quality or habit that they all have. Weather their influence in the world was positive or negative they all had one thing in common- they were enthusiastic about what they were doing! They didn't wake up every morning and think, 'oh, dang, here goes another day full of stuff to do' No way! So I was looking at myself and I realized, I'm lacking enthusiasm! Every morning is the same monotous routine. When I wake up I'm not necessarily excited and happy to be alive, which I think is a bit pathetic. I have so many cool things in my life to be excited about! So I've started a new project for myself. Everyday I'm going to pick out things in my life that I love and am enthusiastic about. I figure this is a good start in changing my boring mentality. So yesterday was my first day trying to be enthusiastic. Do you know what? I found that there are a lot of things to be enthusiastic about even if some of them are silly. So here's a segmant of my list, and my reasons why I'm enthusiastic about them.
1. Cardboard boxes

So why cardboard boxes? Well, first of all they're amazingly useful, and second they can make awesome entertainment! Laura recieved a package yesterday and I watched quite amused as her little girls played in the box with Trevor. First they were dollies being delivered, then they were puppies. Oh the fun! I'm grateful for cardboard boxes.
2. Music
Music is such a beautiful thing! I can honestly say that that is something I am totally and absolutely enthusiastic about. I would die without my music! It calms me, encourages me, improves me, and gives me a sense of purpose. Music is beautiful! Never undervalue music, it's such a beautiful thing!
3. Art history
Art history is amazing! And I've recently found a new hobby, reading art history blogs! Seriously, these college professors have the coolest blogs, I'm learning soooo much and it's so fun! It's interesting to learn about the artists, the theories, and all the wacked out stuff that pops up in art history. Was a bizare and wonderful thing!
4.Books!!!
I've been reading Dan Browns book, 'The Lost Symbol' and I love it! Though it really does make me want to research our U.S. capitol more, seriously interesting stuff! I'm wondering how much is fiction and what is fact in the book. He obviously put a lot of research into it. Interesting stuff.
Last but not least
My new ring. Sorry, no picture for this one. I have never worn rings before, I've always felt that my hands looked all strange and awkward with them on, but that was before yesterday's morning visit to the market. As I was just looking around to meet back up with Laura after getting some loverly fabric for my mother I saw a big crowded stand selling jewelry for 1 euro. One ruff looking metal ring caught my eye. I bought it and have been wearing it ever since. I love it! I have no idea why, it is nothing spectacular. In fact many many people probably passed by it to pick up the big flower rings, or the bright shiny rock rings. There was even a ring with an owl on it. They were all very cute... yet this one struck my fancy, and I have no idea why! But the more I look at it, the more I like it, so there you go :)
So there you have it, here is my shortened list for you. It makes me happy :) So my first day of experimentation was a success, now we will see how today goes!! :D Any of you have things that you're enthusiastic about? I suggest trying my challenge, it's great fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment