Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunday Poetry

So I have a confession, it's that I write during sacrament meeting. Poetry, journal entries, lists... I do still pay attention though, most of the time. Anyways, here are a few samples.

Poetry

Like leafs being blown
From nurturing trees,
Like my soul's yearning
as I'm on my knees,
Sometimes this is the life I lead.

The kindness and care
In a warm embrace,
The pang of regret
When it's done in haste,
Nothing to do, but learn from mistakes.

So dry up your tears,
Treasure your smiles,
Bury your fears,
Go an extra mile,
Rise up and follow what you know to be true.

List

Henrietta's (a.k.a. my car's) Quirks

1.It leaks oil

2.It pops out of 2nd gear

3.The back windshield wiper doesn't work

4.There's only 1 windshield wiper on the front

5.The front windshield wiper slowly starts swiping furthur and furthur to the left until I have to roll my window down and push it back.

6.The window winders/cracks/openers fall off

7.The drivers seat window requires a wrench to open the window

8.It doesn't have air conditioner

9.The heater takes 15-20 minutes to start working

10.When the heater is running bits of plastic on the vents fall off if you touch them

11.It doesn't lock

12.It makes a huge popping sound when I turn it off

13.The left rear view mirror is missing

14.There are no inside lights besides those on the dashboard

15.The spare tire is in the hood

16.The breaks don't work very well

17.You can only shift down to 1st gear when stopped

Poetry

I decided I would try to write a chiasm. Here's what I got.

My heart it aches for you,
I worry,
I think,
I pray for you,
I wish you knew your worth,
I wish you knew it's all going to be okay,
I shudder to think how alone you must have felt,
I shudder to think I wasn't there,
I shudder to think of the guilt I would've had for the rest of my life,
But you're still here, and it's all going to be okay.
I will try to be better so that no guilt will haunt me in future years,
I will be there for you whenever you need,
I will make sure you know that you are never alone,
You should know it's all going to be okay,
You should know your worth,
I pray for you,
I think,
I worry,
My heart aches for you.

Last little poem:

Butterflies flying,
Children sleeping,
My hearts desire,
Is yours for keeping.

So there you go. Hope you enjoyed it :)

No comments: