Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fairytale Evening

So here I am.  The fridge is still packed with cake, oreo balls, chocolate, fruit, and drinks.  Bottles and bowls filled with wild flowers plus garlands and musical little banners lie about the house.  Yes, we had our piazza party last Saturday and it was wonderful!  Around 50 people came, we had dazzling lights, singing, dancing, eating and so much fun!
I played around 10 to 15 of my songs.  Nicole was able to add her beautiful voice to my song "Fool's Gold" and Rachel played Adele's "Someone Like You" plus a song of her own!  They are both so beautiful and talented, I'm so happy to have them as sisters!
I learned how to do an Italian  traditional dance that was very fun and very tiring.  The piazza just looked like it was begging for some dancing to be done, so of course we had to ;)
To sum it all up, it was a fairytale evening.  I couldn't have had better.  I love Italy, I love my family, and I love my friends.  Leaving this magical place is going to be so hard! 


This is us at our neighbors house preparing the grand feast!



We brought my keyboard out and hooked it up to some speakers.  




So as Rachel and I did the soundcheck, my dad explained to the neighbors our musical talent in the family, and others supervised the set up.























As the hours ticked by and the big moment came closer and closer to arriving everyone was out in the piazza excited and getting ready to go!  The two old men even kicked it off early with some wine ;)




Mom and I did the decorations, and everyone contributed to the food.  We had two tables full of deliciousness!


Nicole and me singing. :)


















The two fantastic ladies of the night!  Alice was wonderful to help us out.  Without her we wouldn't have been able to do it.  Her enthusiasm, happy smile, and awesomeness astounds me!
Also our grand display of oreo balls, which were a huge hit!
 (Thank you Mari Keller!!) 
Over 100 oreo balls went into the making of this party  ;)















Rachel singing, and her admiring fans :)

















Dancing, and entertainment for the evening :)














And for a great ending to a great night...







Pool party anyone?

No comments: