Friday, August 31, 2012

Utah... We Meet Again

I feel like a stranger in a strange land.  Some things here I do not believe I will ever get over.  People are just so.... interesting.  

I'm all moved in, I've got all my books (mostly) and have fared alright for the first week of school.  I now know how to introduce myself in Arabic, I know the etymology of the word museum, and have been told by my bishop that I need to be married by the end of the semester (not only me of course, but our whole ward).  Ah!  Thank goodness for Fridays, I need a few days to catch up on some things.  

So, in case any of you are feeling down on yourselves, here is just a few ridiculous moments I've had during my first week.  Enjoy!

I emailed the wrong T.A. about the wrong class.  I thought it was strange she was telling me Book of Mormon had a lab on Friday...

After informing someone that I spoke French, I proceeded by completely slaughtering the language.  Knowing Italian fluently and realizing how bad I actually sounded, I felt like a complete moron.  

Lost my BYU i.d. at the football game.  Yup, and if you're wondering why on earth Jessica McCollaum went to a football game, I was the annoying one in the yellow shirt trying to sell drinks and candy to poor college students at ridiculously high prices.  Ya... you can be annoyed.

Got lost in the HFAC.  Actually, it's not a bad place to get lost in.  You should try it some time.  :)

Have a great beginning of the school year everyone!

No comments: